COVID-19 Information and Precautions
June 10, 2020
Here are a few things that are important to know before you come to see us:
1. Visiting hours are 10 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 4 pm. Our visiting areas will be on our front patio and Meadowlark Lane patio.
2. All visitors must come to the front doors and ring the doorbell to be screened prior to the visit. A staff member will check you in.
3. It is required that all visitors be screened with a few simple health questions before you’re given access to the visiting area.
4. You will need to provide a phone number where you can be reached if necessary.
5. By agreeing to come to visit, you agree to follow the required social distancing guidelines the ND Department of Health requires, which are listed below:
a. Cloth masks must be worn properly at all times by both residents and visitors throughout the visit.
b. Social distancing of 6 feet or greater must be observed at all times. Touching, hugging, kissing, eating, etc. is not allowed.
c. 1 visitor per resident is allowed.
d. No children are allowed at this time.
e. Hand hygiene will be performed before and after the visit. Hand sanitizer will be made available for you if needed during a visit.
f. The visitor must check-in before entering the visiting area and check out with staff following the visit.
g. Visits are in 1-hour time increments.
6. Due to the limited number of visits that are possible because of these restrictions, we ask that families be mindful of other residents and their families and everyone’s need to visit.
We recognize that nursing homes and assisted living facilities are at high risk for contracting and spreading infectious diseases including COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019). Our utmost concern is for the health and well-being of each of our residents and to ensure our staff is healthy and able to continue to care for residents.
We continue to take cautionary measures and follow CDC guidelines. We are also receiving information from state and local officials. Please review this information and see the precautions we are taking to protect against COVID-19.
The measures we are taking include:
- Clear and constant communication with staff, residents, and visitors
- Posting signs and reminders at the facility
- Communicating verbal answers from staff to residents and visitors
- Posting information to our website
- Protection with our workforce includes:
- Screening employees and residents for symptoms of acute respiratory illness (fever, cough, difficulty breathing)
- Sick leave policies are non-punitive and flexible
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home and call in replacement staff
- Training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Protection with our residents includes:
- Separating residents who show respiratory symptoms away from others
- No field trips and activities outside the facility
- Having activities that allow residents to maintain safe distances from others
- Allowing for in-room dining to reduce the risk of spreading disease
- Increasing cleaning in common areas (therapy rehabilitation area, dining area, activity area, lobby area, etc.)
- Protection of all visitors, vendors, and deliveries includes:
- Restriction of all visitors (only “end of life” exceptions made)
- Restriction of all vendors (attention to social distancing recommendations)
- Encouraging family and friends to reach out socially (phone call, video conferencing) to residents to help with feelings of loneliness and isolation
We appreciate the confidence and trust you have in us to care for family members. We will keep you informed as we navigate the ongoing situation.